The Gyrotonic method is designed to take the body beyond its current limitations, increase mobility, gain strength and core stabilization. Each movement flows into the next, allowing the joints to move through a natural range of motion without jarring or compression. This spiraling approach to exercise brings balance to the musculoskeletal structure and reverses computer posture. These carefully crafted sequences create balance, efficiency, strength and flexibility. Athletes improve performance, Rehabilitation clients recover quickly and clients simply move well.
There are numerous benefits to this training method, some of which include improved spinal health and posture after just a few sessions.
1. Counteract “computer back” Practicing Gyrotonic regularly can greatly improve poor posture by lengthening the spine (so you look taller!) and strengthening the core to take pressure off of the lower back, along with opening the chest and rolling those shoulders back where they belong.
2. Detox your body. The constant motion—arching, curling, spiraling, moving from your core, breathing methods—helps to prevent stagnation in the body and organs by promoting removal of waste and lymph fluids.
3. Whittle your waist. In addition to strengthening the deep abdominal muscles around your waistline, Gyrotonic also helps slim your midsection by improving posture (so you stand taller) and eliminating fluid and bloating from your middle (and everywhere else).
4. Sculpt long, lean muscles. The lighter weights and emphasis on extending and expanding help build longer, leaner muscle. You will use all of your muscles from head to toe in each session.
5. Focus your mind. All of the movements engage the whole body and the whole mind, as well as coordinating breath with movement.
Gyrokinesis classes can be adapted to fit anyone’s ability. People from all walks of life including accomplished athletes, fitness enthusiasts, senior citizens, and people recovering from an injury take Gyrokinesis classes.
You are dynamically guided through seated, lying, and standing movements. Before you know it, your spine is supple, your joints resilient, your muscles powerful, your mind relaxed, and your spirit energized. Decompress your joints, shape your muscles, and stimulate your organs by means of rhythmic, harmonious movement. By the end of a Gyrokinesis session, one’s entire system is awakened and brought into greater balance. Focus on the breath stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system resulting in a sense of calm, well being and mental clarity.