A simple reminder of your “to do” list can help you stay focused and take care of business each and every day. And that’s the key to staying lean for life… consistency.
To help remind you, I made a simple checklist that you can print out and attach to your fridge or bulletin board.
1) Eat the Right Fats: Bulk up on omega-3s, at least 2,000mg a day. Limit saturated fats and trans fats.
2) Eat the Right Carbs: Try to stick to vegetables and beans as your main sources of carbohydrates. You can eat up to 2-3 SMALL servings of fruit. And try to stay away from “starchy carbs” like bread, pasta, potatoes, and rice.
3) Eat Protein at Each Meal: Eat at least some protein at each meal; lean organic /grass fed meats, fish and non-fat dairy. Make sure to eat protein first thing in the morning.
4) Start Your Day with Breakfast: Make sure it includes protein and fiber, and is low in carbohydrates. I recommend Mars/ venus protein shakes.
5) Remember the Water Trick: Drink 16 ounces of water before every meal.
6) Exercise : walk, Pilates what ever you enjoy.
7) Track Your Results: Keep a weight loss diary and measure yourself daily.
8) Do Not Eat After Dinner: The kitchen should be off limits 3 to 4 hours before bedtime. If you must have a late night snack, make sure it’s high protein and low carb.
9) Eat a “Cheat Meal” Once a Week: This is your weekly indulgence. Make sure to include a dessert!
10) Chew Longer: Try to chew up to 40 times for each bite, 15 chews minimum.
11) Red Wine Only: not to exceed 2 glasses a day. No beer or hard alcohol.
12) Don’t Drink Your Calories: Avoid sodas, soft drinks and fruit juices.
Post this list on your refrigerator!
If you follow most of these, especially staying away from the starchy carbohydrates and empty calories, you will be well on your way to draining the fat right out of your body.