- farm fresh ORGANIC eggs
- Organic Portobello mushroom caps
- slices of prosciutto or ham
- black pepper/Sea salt
- fresh parsley or thyme
- olive oil
- Clean the portobello mushroom caps with a damp cloth, remove the stem and scrape out the gills so you have a well deep enough for the egg.
- Rub a little bit of olive oil on the outside of the mushroom to help it cook and keep it from sticking to the pan. Arrange the caps on a baking sheet.
- Place one slice of prosciutto inside the mushroom cap.
- Crack each egg into a small bowl and then carefully slide it onto a prosciutto-filled mushroom cap
- Sprinkle with black pepper/salt and fresh herbs of choice. Place the baking pan into the pre-heated 375 degree F oven and bake for 20-30 minutes. The amount of time required depends on how thick your mushrooms are and how soft you like your eggs.
Recipe compliments of Paleo Spirit Blog.